Cameron Pearman,13, was surfing with his cousin at Pyramids beach, Australia Nov. 29.
Around 6:15 a.m. he was sitting on his board when an estimated 6 foot shark knocked him off his board.
“It came up underneath me and bit my leg. Then it just swam off,” Pearman told the Mirror. “I only saw it for a split second, just a head and a tail.”
Pearman said he had a rush of adrenaline, which prevented him from feeling immediate pain.
Cameron’s off-duty life saver cousin was on scene and treated the 8 to 9 puncture wounds around the surfer’s right leg.
After he was patched up, Pearman hopped on his bike and road home to eat some raisin toast.
“I had some raisin toast, it was good. Dad was home, he didn’t believe me when I casually said I got bitten by a shark.”
Pearman’s dad took him to the hospital where he had minor surgery and is keen to get back in the water.